Born to Die
A new BUAV investigation has uncovered the shocking killing of puppies and kittens BORN TO DIE in a UK laboratory.
This is the heart breaking story of individual puppies and kittens whose lives were callously cut short and their bodies butchered.
It is a dark and gruesome secret that the research industry would never want you to find out about.
But thanks to the bravery of our investigator, the truth about what happens to puppies and kittens inside the closed and secret world of animal experimentation can finally be revealed.
The BUAV went undercover at MSD Animal Health for 7 months in 2013. We found:
- Tests carried out on puppies as young as 4 weeks and kittens as young as 8 weeks old.
- The routine killing of puppies from 5 weeks of age and kittens less than 6 months old.
- Puppies taken away from their mothers, some at just 4 weeks of age, to be used in tests.
- The killing of healthy female adult beagles, who once their puppies were taken away for tests no longer served a purpose.
During our 8 month investigation, 92 beagle puppies, 10 adult nursing female beagles and at least 15 kittens were killed at the facility including:
- 13th June 2013 - 3 nursing female beagles killed
- 27th June 2013- 2 beagle puppies killed
- 1st July 2013 - 2 beagle puppies killed
- 5th July 2013 - 8 beagle puppies killed
- 22nd August 2013 - 15 kittens killed
- 4th October 2013 - 2 beagle puppies killed
- 7th October 2013 - 2 beagle puppies killed
- 10th October 2013 - 2 beagle puppies killed
- 15th October 2013 - 3 beagle puppies killed
- 17th October 2013 - 2 beagle puppies killed
- 23rd October 2013 - 2 nursing female beagles killed
- 29th October 2013 - 4 nursing female beagles killed
- 25th November 2013 - 2 beagle puppies killed
- 28th November 2013 - 13 beagle puppies killed
- 2nd December 2013 - 1 nursing female beagle and her 4 puppies killed
- 30th January 2014 - 27 beagle puppies killed
Our Best Friends don’t belong in laboratories. But these cats and dogs never experienced the love of a human family or the joys of playing outside. They never saw the sky, breathed fresh air or felt the grass beneath their feet. Born to die for the research industry, their lives were cruelly cut short at just a few weeks old.
Sadly it is too late for these individuals but please help the BUAV end the appalling killing of puppies and kittens born to die in UK laboratories.